NZEI Te Riu Roa has the collective strength to negotiate improved pay and conditions. We have a proud history of successful campaigning for better status and pay for our members. By joining NZEI you can be sure that:
- your pay and conditions are negotiated and enforced effectively (through your collective agreement)
- you get support at your workplace when you need it
- you can access training seminars, workshops and conferences
- advocacy and support is available for employment issues
- you get advice on training and qualifications
- you get regular opportunities to meet and share experiences with your colleagues through local networks, conferences and seminars, and at NZEI’s local branch, aronui tomua and komiti pasifika meetings.
Your protection at work
Being a member of NZEI Te Riu Roa means being part of a team that acts collectively to support each other. NZEI Te Riu Roa has paid field staff and voluntary Members' Support Teams working throughout New Zealand to support you. We also have knowledgeable, experience staff in our Member Support Centre. That
means help and advice are only a phone call away on 0800 NZEI Help ()800 693
443). Our industrial advocates are skilled and experienced negotiators. As a member, you are involved and kept informed during the negotiation of your collective employment agreement. Remember, you can only be covered by the NZEI Te Riu Roa negotiated agreement at your workplace if you are a member of the union.
At NZEI we believe in the vital contribution all education staff make in providing a quality learning environment for children at every level of their education. We represent teachers and principals, school support staff, kindergarten and early childhood centre teachers, Kaiarahi i te reo, assistants to teachers of students with severe disabilities and special education assistants, Group Special Education managers, field staff and support workers, advisers and specialists. Support is just a phone call away
NZEI has skilled field officers and takawaenga who visit workplaces and keep in touch with members, providing advice, information and advocacy and ensuring your interests are protected.